Mental health support for children birth through five years old in their home or pre-school setting
Mental health assessments and interventions for young children are sometimes best provided in the child’s home or school setting. SecurePath is a comprehensive mental health service for young children in Wake County provided at the child’s home or preschool. Our staff offers mental health assessments, interventions, and therapy for children ages birth to five and their parents who need help with their child’s social, emotional, or developmental challenges. Clinicians focus on parent-child relationship and strong attachment. Services are provided in English and Spanish.
Before requesting a referral, please note that the Secure Path program is:
- An early intervention mental health program serving caregivers and their children ages birth-five who are having emotional and/or behavioral issues at home or outside the home
- An in-home service (COVID-19 restrictions may require some services to be provided virtually)
- For children who live in Wake County
- For children with Medicaid, or without health insurance
Request a Referral
It’s easy for caregivers and providers to fill out a referral form online. Choose your language to get started!
If you need assistance with our electronic form, have questions, or would like to submit a referral by phone or email, we’d love to help!
- Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call (919) 452-6822 (English) or (919) 740-9316 (Español)
Providers can complete a referral through Wake Connections.
SecurePath Clinicians Can Help With:
- Behavior and discipline challenges
- Impulsivity, inattention, and aggression
- Fears, anxieties, and behavior rituals
- Mood problems
- Social isolation and peer conflicts
- Reactions to trauma and loss
- Complications of adoption
- Arrangements and reactions to divorce
- Parenting questions, including sleep and toilet training issues
Our Partners and Sponsors
Lucy Daniels Center is proud to partner and collaborate with our trusted partners to provide vital mental health services to children and families in our community.
SecurePath was a lifesaver for us. The in-home counseling helped my son and helped us to be better parents. We learned how to work with our child with different needs. Now our home environment is calmer and we, as parents, are calmer.
Parents of a 4-Year-Old Boy