Join Our Team
Pursue a meaningful career path with opportunities to leave a real impact on the children and families of our community.
Co-Teacher in Elementary Therapeutic Classroom
- Bachelor’s degree (Required), BS or BA in early school education or special education (Preferred).
- Classroom experience in a school, nonprofit, or other relevant field (Preferred).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and quickly move and/or provide safety care (Required).
Farley-Manning Family Guidance Service Clinician
- Master’s degree in a mental health specialty (Required).
- Licensed to practice this mental health specialty in NC (Required).
- 1 or more years of experience working with children (Preferred).
- Exceptional writing and storytelling ability.
- Strong social media skills: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Hootsuite, and/or equivalent.
- Basic experience in PowerPoint/Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and virtual tour software. Video and photography are preferred but not required.
Lucy Daniels Center is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization devoted to the healthy emotional development of young children. Established in 1989 with a grant from Raleigh writer and clinical psychologist Lucy Daniels, Ph.D. the Center began with an early intervention therapeutic preschool program serving 8 children in 1991. Throughout its 30 years of service, Lucy Daniels Center has expanded to become the largest nonprofit provider of mental health services for children in the Triangle with multifaceted mental health resources for children, their parents and teachers. The principle which underlies all the Center’s programs is the belief that the contemporary psychoanalytic model of emotional life is a powerful tool for helping children become flexible, strong, and happy individuals. If parents, teachers, and children themselves understand the ways in which children’s biology, experience, and temperament influence the development of personality, behavior, and even cognitive function, many difficult school, family, and personal problems can be solved or avoided.
Lucy Daniels Center is an Equal Opportunity employer. It has been and will continue to be the policy of the Center to be fair and impartial in all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment, interns, or contractors, and to base all employment-related decisions upon valid, job-related factors, without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual preference, physical or mental disability, veteran or other protected status under applicable federal or state law.
This policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, appointments, promotion, and all other personnel actions and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, layoffs and reinstatements, training, tuition assistance, and disciplinary measures. Discrimination or harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of any of these protected characteristics is prohibited.
The Lucy Daniels Center does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religious affiliation, gender, gender identification and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, citizenship or immigration status, or national or ethnic origin.
Stay in the know!
Sign up for our newsletter to get alerts about new job opportunities in the future!