Who We Serve
We provide an alternative choice for children who cannot manage or perform well in a mainstream school.
Lucy Daniels School stands alone as the Triangle’s hub for young children’s mental health services. We are not just a school; we are a haven for children and families who have struggled with unmet expectations in current school settings. We are a place where children and families are wrapped in services designed to meet their needs specifically; where they can find close and caring connections with staff and where children grow both emotionally and academically. We are a place where children are heard and respected.
While most of our students have average to above-average potential, few are able to fully reach that potential due to challenges outside of their control. That’s where we step in.
We serve children who are:
- Shy, inhibited, withdrawn
- Easily frustrated
- Afraid of making mistakes or who avoid unfamiliar tasks
- Resistant to school rules or completing assignments
- Overwhelmed by new academic content
- Struggling to “fit in”
As well as children who have:
- Trouble making or keeping friends
- Lack of confidence and self-esteem socially and/or academically
- Difficulty separating from parents
Additionally, all of our students’ parents participate in regular parent counseling throughout their child’s time at Lucy Daniels School.